Saturday, April 5, 2008

Thow the bowl out the window, then: cover teh stove with a blanket

i love love LOVE buying fresh produce, so anytime i go to the grocery it's like a candy store. so yesterday i bought these mangoes that were on sale, 3 for $1.00, i know! i would have been crazy to pass it up. well i bought 6 (Ha!). they are smaller than regular mangoes but i bought two of them last week and they were pretty tasty. not so much the case about 3 minutes ago. i'm about to leave for work and looking for tasty morsels for breakfast. one english muffin just won't do it and as i'm poking around my kitchen, my eyes lock on those little green/yellow/red delights. i gladly slice one open, put the little score marks to make little squares, invert the peels and start chowing down. all of a sudden my face squishes up as there is this hateful sour taste in my mouth! this thing is POTENT. it tastes like a combination between an orange and sour patch kids with a hint, just a hint of mango. to my dismay, i chased it with a marshmallow. Ick! i feel like my lips are going to shrivel up and my head is pounding, i think they tried to kill me. i think they are called artafulo, maybe artafaulo?, artufalo? i don't know, we'll settle on calling them aguilera mangoes. i think i got a bad one...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so....my friend from Ohio calls what I know to be a bell pepper, a mango. So, are we talking about peppers or mangoes? I'm assuming we're talking about mangoes.Well, what I know to be a mango.Because it sounds like you've encountered a mango that I encountered last year. Blah!

Silla_Sophia_Sangria said...

oh no, were totally talking about fruit here. i have bell peppers too, but i don't eat them like fruit. why does she call bell peppers mangoes? haha!