Sunday, June 28, 2009

Yowza!

Talk about a shit storm...

Yesterday was the worst accident of my entire life. Now I have been involved in a few fender benders and a majority have been my fault. I have rear-ended two people and had been rear-ended once in Husband's white Civic about 3 years back and that was little love bump. It was humorous because about 1 week prior he didn't have car insurance but we had started it up and I had agreed to pay for it due to the fact that he simply couldn't afford it at that time in his life. Well I'll be damned if the next week I got hit. It all worked out in the end because there was only a small dent in the bumper so really it wasn't worth claiming or fixing. And what was awesome was that later in the year the dent popped out on it's own.

Flash to present day, two years ago Husband ended up getting a new Honda Fit and sadly enough we had to get rid of the Civic DX. Well last November the transmission in the Passat went out and back in April we came up on a sweet deal for a white Civic LX and it looked identical to the DX. Sadly all that came to an end yesterday morning due to this...
I was hit by an astro van going, what he claims 45 mph, but may have actually been closer to 50 mph. He had admitted to Husband that he didn't see me therefore he didn't even break. I got hit so hard he pushed me through the intersection and I ended up clear on the other side. I was stopped at a red light when he tagged me.

The part that sucks about all of it is that I have only had the car for 2 months and now the journey starts all over again. My body feels like shit but I am thankful I was on my way to work and Seven was not in the car. The back end got crushed to the point that we couldn't open the back doors. Moral of the story... pay attention people. And please use your brakes. (hahaha)

No comments: