Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Canada is a-Coming!

Things have been a little rocky for the past few days but they are finally getting back to normal and where they should and have always been. i'm leaving for Canada in about 1 week and 1 day... woop woop!! camping, laying in the sun and reading are going to be what I immerse myself from the 24th through the 3rd. I was going to count the number of days, but decided that i didn't really want too... hahaha!

I just read an article (with pictures, of course) about "2 hot 2 handle" stars, it's about their homes and their 'bods' if you will. It was stating about said star's renovation of a home and I read about a waterfall. I all of a sudden got real thirsty. weird! I'm talking about being so thirsty that I'm ready to immerse myself in a waterfall and soak it all in. crazy!!

I have a new memory card for my camera and lots and lots of batteries. Hopefully I will have uber pictures of my journey in the Canadian "wilderness". I'm hoping that we'll be able to have a campfire this year. The first time I went about 3 years ago there was burn ban due to a drought.

I'm already getting anxious about getting back because there is still sooo much to do with the house, the wedding and with my life in general. Apparently I was unaware when the New Year came that it was going to be chock full o' craziness.

OH! one more thing, I'm going to be taking at the very least 2 books with me. One is going to be Under the Tuscan Sun (since the movie is amazing) and I need a suggestion for a second one. I'm in a quest for knowledge this year so no Nora Roberts or Danielle Steele please. They are both great authors and what not, just not for me in the year 2008. Any suggestions would be wonderful. Much like my blog name... please and thank you!

3 comments:

Chonny Sanchez said...

Hi Silla!

Thought I would stop by and recommend you read Blindness by Jose Saramago. Not sure if I have recommended it before or not, but it's brilliant and being made into what looks like a rather good movie too. Take lots of pics!

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Canada!

I am terrible at recommending books. I always screw up and recommend things that people end up hating.

Silla_Sophia_Sangria said...

Chonny and Bou,

thank you ladies for your input. i actually didn't have a chance to pick up the book by Jose Saramago but considering we spent so much more time doing other stuff than what we did last time it worked out that having just to books was enough. i was able to finish both, but one i actually finished while waiting to cross the Canadian border back to the U.S.

looks like we're back in the swing of things!