Wednesday, March 17, 2010

There's Nothing Like It

Exams are finally over and come Sunday I will be a college graduate of The Ohio State University. My life has been hell recently thanks to being alone for a week and having to have been left behind. My other half is in El Las Vegas for a sheet metal worker's competition and his VIP status has him staying in the Caesar's Palace hotel. How chi chi... I should however be there lounging by the pool in nothing but swimwear and sunlight, but I guess someone has to hold down the fort. BB diapers don't get changed by themselves. Poo Poo on me. I have been throwing myself a pity party since the day I drove him to the airport. I now fully understand the concept of separation anxiety. Normally when it was vacation time I was the one flying off to San Diego for three weeks, or driving to Sioux St. Marie, Ontario to go camping at Pancake Bay for weeks at a time. Which by the way are the only two places I am fully able to get sun tanned. My fresh Latino skin is otherwise unimpressed with the Ohio drab sunlight, no matter how sporadic I can make it outside. To curb my jealous enthusiasm I am getting tattooed tomorrow. I don't really know how I feel about it just yet. The last time I got tattooed was about 4 years ago. I will be getting my sugar skull with a headpiece of 'heart people'. They are these cute little hearts with faces that I would draw as a kid. They are a memento of my childhood and a reminder of the childhood I get to shape with my own little monster.

In the mean time, I am kicking back with some freshly cooked perogies and a glass of Cupcake Cabernet Sauvignon. It's a little mediocre. I am a fan however of the Cupcake Chardonnay. It's slowly becoming my new favorite.

Spring has almost sprung, and I am looking forward to a lazy summer of yard work, balmy evenings, and cold wine. There's nothing like it and I can't wait.

No comments: