Monday, March 10, 2008

Socks are warm on cold Feet

In the midst of studying I have had an epiphany of what my lunch should taste like. I have gotten into the habit of packing my lunch since having a half an hour in between leaving work, finding any kind of parking on campus that may or may not be half a mile away, and getting to class on time; generally leaves me zero room for stopping to get lunch, and I would rather not spend the money if at all possible anyway. With that said, that leads me to where I am currently. I have some "rice cake snacks" that are caramel corn packed into my menagerie of deliciousness. On a conscious note, a few weeks ago I decided to make an effort to cut high fructose corn syrup out of my diet because well, it's in everything plus I enjoy the challenge of finding stuff to eat. Much to my dismay, Friday at the grocery when I happened upon these death cakes I was so taken by the '60 calories per serving' memo on the front of the bag that it left me no time to survey the ingredients before I picked it up with my little fingers and chucked it into the basket. Unluckily for me, last night I had discovered its secret of containing my dreaded enemy, HFCS. But since I did spend a good $2.85 on the damn bag, I swallowed my pride and decided I would eat them anyway. Considering the facts I am a poor college student about to get married has left me with a giant hole in my pocket. Little did I know, while sitting outside my classroom enjoying my yummy tuna fish with cucumber sandwich, pear slices, and "rice cake snacks" that they were very very heinous! They are not only disgusting but they are making my tongue tingle, and not in a "rice crispy" sort of way, rather a "chemical, this is not supposed to happen" sort of way. While I would like to have had previous knowledge I figured that I would do you the courtesy of cautioning you before you spend $3.00 in chump change on some grosse ass snacks. Although, if you are reading my disclaimer and disagree, so be it. I gave you fair warning!

For some other interesting, "what the 'eff are you doing?!" news; after the catastrophic 20" of snow we got over the past weekend, I decided to wear my really cute, non-winterized, leopard print flats. I officially hate myself since my feet are now cold, wet and pruned. (Ick!)

Come Friday I will be on a plane, on my way to Arkansas and hopefully warmer climate. Awoo-hoo... the count down begins!

No comments: